Appreciating the power of nature... a MUST for a witch!

My dearest husband always chuckles at me every time I walk by a bucket of flowers at the grocery store. I literally always stop to "smell the roses" whenever I see them. It may be a cliché phrase, but have you ever walked up to a big bouquet of natures perfume, closed your eyes, and just sniffed until your heart is content? I'm one of those weird people that do that all the time. I close my eyes and let those flowery scents from heaven take me to some other place for about 65 seconds, or until the clerk makes my buy them, whichever happens first! I also am the same way with Christmas trees! Being a New Yorker, December is a heavenly time for a pagan as every three blocks there is a Christmas tree stand - I love the sweet, fresh smell of pine as it sucks me in just like a delicious cologne on a man (or a woman!) even if I am in a huge hurry, I will always stop to smell the trees, and all of the different varieties, which is great for me, bad for anyone who is with me who thinks I'm crazy!

With all the chaos of our busy technological lives, it is easy to leave nature out of our daily equation quite a bit. Especially for those of us who dwell in the cities where a piece of vegetation is few and far in between where we can enjoy it without interruption, distraction, or noise pollution. But where there is a will there is away, it's very important for me as an urban witch to take that time to convene with nature, luckily I have an apartment which is connected to a yard which I turned into a mini garden, so I can revel among the little access to immediate nature I have... But have you ever really stopped to think about the ecosystem and it's delicate balance? Have you really stopped to watch nature and its perfection, create this beautiful world around us? Listening to a thunderstorm and watching the way the clouds form shapes and precipitation is fascinating. Watching an ant carry 5,000 times its weight is mind blowing, watching the little honey bees pollinate flowers, observing the trees bloom from season to season while the leaves die off in the fall, feeling the grass under your feet fresh after a morning dew... It's so easy to take nature for granted, the simplest things that provide us with the air we breathe and the food we eat are so important to appreciate. A wonderful way to ground yourself in the most simplest of terms is to walk barefoot on the earth which polarizes our chakras, lie flat on the ground and picture the earth as a living force, look closely in between blades of grass and see a new giant world from a beetles perspective, walk on the beach at night during a full moon and don't tell me you won't feel the tide in your bloodstream!!

Even if we can't scientifically comprehend how everything works, or we hate the idea of sharing flight space with the bugs, or fear thunderstorms, getting to know your Mother (nature) is time well spent! Appreciating the basics of our world is free, easy, and can bring instant gratitude, humility, and both a sense of our powerFULLness and how small we are in a giant intelligent universe.

The earth is a magnificent goddess and should be cherished and experienced fully by all of us... If you aren't taking time out to just stop and be one with all the little creatures and vegetation around you, I highly recommend it! It wants to love and comfort you if you will just let it! :)

-Blessings always, enjoy your summer! LS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Law of forgiveness, making peace with enemies

Invoking or evoking? What is the difference?

Why a MAGICAL mind is also a MANIFESTING one.. PART TWO!